Here it is, the obligatory pet peeve entry. Decided to get it out of the way up front.
- People who don't use turn signals
- Stingy tippers
- The fact that people in charge of national advertising campaigns don't know the difference between further and farther, its and it's, or lend and loan.
- That Congress is directly involved in the Terry Schiavo case, but last week in Texas, under a 1999 law signed by then-Governor Bush, an 11-month-old child was taken off life support over the objections of his parents.
- Federal legislation which mandates support of "core subjects" (which definition includes things like music) in public schools, then forces districts to spend so much time on basic subjects like math and English that students don't have time for music, art, or even (in some districts) social studies.
- Ketchup on good steak (ketchup is, however, a requirement on bad steak)
- Emotionally manipulative greeting-card commercials
More later as I think of them.
"Let's see... what else is troubling me?" -George Carlin